This site has different types of readers. Those that come here to quickly look up something, using it as the reference this is. And those that read everything, or at least the pages they consider interesting, using it as a source of knowledge in addition to books, blogs, conferences, etc.
Especially the second type of reader might want to know when something changed. That’s what this page is for. Here you will find a full log of all changes. Most recent first.
September 24, 2018
- Operator list: Replaced all SQL Operations Studio operator icons with the (slightly changed) operator icons as displayed in Azure Data Studio.
- Assert, Hash Match, Merge Join, Nested Loops, Segment, Stream Aggregate: Replaced SQL Operations Studio operator icon with the Azure Data Studio version.
September 10, 2018
- Home page: Replaced link to Grant Fritchey’s execution plans book to reference the third edition.
July 30, 2018
- Assert: New page with the description of the Assert operator.
June 27, 2018
- Segment: New page with the description of the Segment operator.
- Added link to the Segment page on various other pages.
June 4, 2018
- Plan properties: Formerly a section on the generic information page, now a page of its own.
- Generic information: Split off the section on plan properties to its own page.
- Homepage: Added link to plan properties.
- Added menu with direct access to relevant pages (thanks, Joshua!)
June 2, 2018
- Generic information: Fixed a copy/paste error (thanks, Richard!); added additional information to plan property RetrievedFromCache; added plan properties StatementParameterizationType and StatementSqlHandle.
- Homepage: Added link to change log.
May 31, 2018
- Generic pages: Homepage, Common properties, Generic information, Operator list.
- Operator pages: Hash Match, Merge Join, Nested Loops, Stream Aggregate.
- Background pages: Logical join operations.